Money

What do I do when I am not able to get ourselves out of the negative? I did the budget and we have enough, but account was so messed up that we can't seem to dig ourselves out. What do I do, it is getting worse, we are pinching pennies and it just gets worse.

dmesterse

Asked by dmesterse at 7:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• First of all, do you have and use direct deposit? If you do, stop it immediately. As your pay checks are probably being ate up with over draft fees. You need this money to survive on. Go to your employer and ask that you receive a paper check or a pay card. Then, you go to the bank and ask about a way to make payments on the amount you owe. Then call around to relatives and ask for some financial assistance from anyone. It doesn't have to be alot, just a few dollars from whoever can give it to you. As well, call your local churches and other agencies who provide some sort of assistance. Explain to them your present situation and ask it they can help you out in any way. With your pay check, only buy what is absolutely necessary. Try to get some help with food. There are plenty of agencies who help with food. Use your pay check for gas and essentials only.

Good luck to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but it can really be a live saver some months. It's not going to help you this week, but if you start now you could have a nice check coming in October. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009