What is the best to use on diaper rash?

One of my 10 month olds have a nasty diaper rash! I have tried Butt Paste, A&D, vasoline, baby powder, perscription Nystatin, Desiton, and pure Aloe from my aloe plant. Nothing is working! It seems to look the best when I put nothing on it at all! It started about 2 weeks ago and has just not gotten any better or any worse. Anyone have any ideas?

klpeter

Asked by klpeter at 3:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Corn Starch, my grandma and mom use it all the time on my nephews. When his mom dropped him off, she put it on him, and later that day when she picked him up, it was practically gone. You should try it!
    flutterby87us

Answer by flutterby87us at 3:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I have always found that putting NOTHING on it, letting it air out, is the best remedy. Be prepared for messes, but if you just let him crawl around nakked for a few minutes after every diaper change it will get better. Make sure you are changind diapers often. My DD also got rashes from Huggies, when we switched to Pampers it went away.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 3:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i use a&d with zinc and aloe seems to be the best also it may not be a rash it could be a yeast infection both my boys had it take ur baby to the doctor and they'll help you, also it may be a rash from something he/she ate causing the break out could be alergic to a food he/she eats
    HotmomSimondi

Answer by HotmomSimondi at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My 16 month old just recently went through this and we found out she had gotten a yeast infection,which boys and girls get from foods thay they eat and it is common, What worked for us was actually a new prescription just for that it is called vusion and it works awesome within a couple of days she was clear. Ask the Dr. for samples and have your child tested for a yeast infection.
    momat38

Answer by momat38 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I know this may sound weird, but my friends all swear by crisco......
    Sarahv717

Answer by Sarahv717 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Neosporin works great. When my daughter had a rash on her bottom that is what I used. Give it a try.
    lexes27

Answer by lexes27 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I used the A&D cream and put corn starch in their bathwater.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yeast Infection cream is the absolute best thing....I swear if you put just a dab on the bottom within a few hours it will be GONE!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 4:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Make sure you dry the rash before you put cream on it... I switch around between whatever types of creams I happen to have for every diaper change. And about every 3rd diaper, I let him air out & put no cream on. Fresh air & sunlight are supposed to be great for diaper rash... let him run around naked for about 10 minutes, if you can, after each diaper. Also... you can mix a little Neosporin and diaper rash cream. The Neosporin will kill any bacteria & protect any open sores.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• this may sound weird but the best thing i have found is Bag Balm....they use it for cows utters but my peditrican recomened it and it works great~!!! and one thing of it will last forever.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008