Not eating in the 3rd trimester?

Will baby be OK? With the mix of emotional stress and heat I am finding it almost impossible to eat! Just yesterday I went almost 24hrs without food before I even realized I hadn't eaten! I still take my vitamins, & am drinking water all the time...but will my baby be OK even though I've skipped some meals??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You definitely need to be eating. As for newmom092009 it's definitely not okay for a mother to not eat, however, it is not the equivalent of starving a newborn. If the mother does not eat for a day or so, due to nausea, illness, etc, the baby will still receive the nutrients it needs to survive but the mother will have a more depleted source. Granted, it's not the same as a mother eating vs. eating.
    Even if you can't eat because of the heat, eat something that'll cool you down. Freeze go-gurts, have some chilled fruits, stuff like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• no, would you do that to your newborn, not feed them for 24 hours, i understand that you may be stressed, but you must find time to eat, at least snacks all day, if not you for your unborn baby.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You really need to be eating, even if it is just a few bites here or there. Keep a pack of crackers or a cereal bar in your purse. The baby is doing most of his/her growing right now...they need the nutrients!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2009