is this fair?

so question..my hubby wants to take a 2nd job from 3am-9am and come home and work a 2nd from 3pm to 11 switch shifts at the one he has now to night shift.. so that leaves us 9sh till 2ish till he goes to work again says that it will be more money 800 more a week.. which would be nice but he already makes 1500 a week... so we already do well and i get more money that is always nice but at what cost? family time with his daughter? he doesn't get it and is mad that i dont support it and only reason i dont is because i want to have family time with him.. and that is more valuable and we are good with bills and what not so no need other then extra spending cash it would be.. is this wrong of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think it's wrong of you. Perhaps explaining to him that time with the family, and particularly your daughter, is like liquid gold, and there isn't anything anyone could pay you to compensate for that. My hubby had 2 jobs for a while, and I hated it. I finally told him I didn't marry him so I could be alone and the above. He got the message.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• no if you dont need it i wouldnt want him to do it either! He will be so tired! How long is he planning on doing this? It wont last forever he will get so run down.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well you may feel like you guys are fine financially, but what does he want the money for? Is he into high tec stuff, or cars, maybe HE wants to bust his butt for some new "toys" and not feel guilty about it. Its definitely worth a convo to see whats really going on, or maybe he has something sweet planned he wants to do with you that will need the extra income. Who knows but see why you want him home, i toyed with this myself only we NEEDED the income. Sit down and do some real open talking and see what happens, if its just a "i wanna do it" then i think some definite compromise should be made!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Is this a short-term thing? I mean, are you all trying to pay something off, stock pile some savings or something? It would be a fair compromise if there is an exact goal and cut off date. I think I would feel as torn about it as you do.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Ask him what he's working so hard towards.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• op- i have and he says its just so we have more spending cash all the bills are paid we dont owe or back on anything i mean we have/car payments but nothing new just wants to have more cash which.. dont we all but man i want to see him 2, in his job already he works 60 hrs a weeks 80 in winter (local truck driver)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009