Anti-depressants???

I have been on anti depressants for 10 years, i quit taking them with my first child and i quit taking them this time(im 12 weeks) but my doctor recommended i stay on them, has anyone here been on them while pregnant??Any problems?

boogersmama

Asked by boogersmama at 8:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I heard you weren't supposed to take medicine like that being pregnant, I'd see what other mother's have to say too. Is this your OBGYN telling you to keep on them?
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• certain ones you can not take while your preganant or nursing prehaps you and your doctor can find some safe alternative meds or treaments?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i was on depression meds when i was pregnant with me 6 yr old...it depends on which one you are taking but not taking them while u are pregnant can be a set back and if you keep taking them but also talk to you ob/gyn just to make sure they are safe....gl with new baby....
    treebug

Answer by treebug at 9:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I was on Lexapro while pregnant with my first. I stopped when I tested positive, but when I told the doc, he said I didn't need to stop. After a few weeks off, I felt I DID need to be taking it, and re started it, with the doctor's ok. I had an uneventful pregnancy, and my daughter is fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009