What would you do if this happened to your child?

You might have heard about this, but I read in the paper today that I think it was in Georgia, a woman and her 2 year old daughter was in wal-mart and the kid was crying and a strange man came up ane told the mom to shut her up and if she didnt than he would. The kid kept it up so the strange man slapped her 4 times across the face and told the mom "see i told you I would shut her up." Needless to say, the man is now in jail for assult and child abuse. My friend told me he was on news being proud of what he did saying "YEAH I SLAPPED HER." What would you do if this happened to your child?" I would probaly pick up something and start hitting him.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't know, this just outrages me so much. If I had something lethal in my cart I'd probably have shoved it in his jugular, otherwise I'd just choke the shit out of him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I can't imagine a man getting close enough to my child to slap them more than once. After the first slap I would have kicked him in the balls and screamed RAPE at the top of my lungs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i would pay bubba in the jail he is in to "take care" of him for me ;)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think I'd turn into some sort of crazed jackal like creature and tare his face off.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yeah I dont understand how the mom even let him get to slap #2...kinda odd.
    Aplatel87

Answer by Aplatel87 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm watching that on Nancy Grace right now! I would had whooped his ass! I'd be in jail but he deserves the beat down! People are F*&%$#G idiots!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OMG. You should see the comments on AOL from yesterday. There were a bunch of whack jobs blaming the toddler and her mom for the attack. It's the kids fault for crying and the mom's fault for not taking her out of the store. Uggg. People are soooo cruel!

I wouldn't have let him get close enough to hit my child in the first place!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• all i can say for sure, is that i'd have to have someone bail me outta jail b/c i'd be arrested for killing the man, and if i didn't get to kill him b/c someone pulled me off the jack a** than my husband would be the one needing bail
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree with anon, he wouldn't have been able to slap my kid 4 times before I did something about it! I would have grabbed the hardest object near me and beat him with it! You don't touch my kid.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Left hook, then right hook. and that would have been after the first slap, not the 4th

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009