I think i'm outta the loop.

Could someone please explain to me why some parent's are considering keeping their children out of school on Sep 8th?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• President Barack Obama is scheduled to give a speech to the nation's students, about working hard in school.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think that a "national speech" by the president feels a little much "too big government" to them. They would probably feel better about it if there was something from the WH that let us know what is going to be in it. He may be the president, but that doesn't mean we agree with everything he says.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I hope it's something good that he actually has to say and all the parents keeping their kids out of school look like idiots! Which most of them will be watching it at home anyway!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• So it worth your child being absen from school,because someone is telling him,to stay in school,and try hard in school. Well, if you tell your child don't listen to the President because of your issues,why would your child listen to you,when you tell him to stay in school, I don't care who tell my child to stay in school,but,if,it helps,thank you Lord, the today youths need everybody to tell. CM should be careful of the damaging things that go through.How stupid,how can it hurt anybody to hear,you are smart,you can be anything you want,but,you must get an education.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• THAT'S why ppl are going to keep their kids out of school?! that's crazy! i'm not a very big fan of Obama ...but COME ON. ...wow. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• The thing I find completely ridiculous is that the President of this country is giving a speech about staying in school, working hard in school and these parents want their kids to skip school because of it. Uh, great message folks. And for the record, Bush Sr. gave a similar speech in 1991 (according to the Denver Post) and the Democrats had a similar hissy fit.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm sorry but if my child was of age to go to school his little butt would be staying right at home with me, No matter what Obama's "talking" about, its not much farther then what Hitler did back then and what was going on a few years ago in Iraq, its plain and simple, and for those of you who don't see it or just are pushing it aside I truly feel sorry for your blindness
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• serena
    at the young age that my boys are at it's not going to matter what the president says. they probably wont even remember. it. If they were older then i would use it as a learning experience, teaching my children how to use their own minds, instead of following whatever I believe or the president.
    ...but that's just how i raise my kids.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It's not so much that the prez wants to speak to school children, it's the indoctrination packet that the WH sent to teachers in August telling them what to tell the kids to do in order to support their president---maybe they can make posters for him and make a list of all the good quotes he's said or do things to help the environment. What if you are not a liberal? What if you do NOT support this president's agenda? Are these kids suppose to have to do something they or their families might not believe in? Hitler did this---we just don't want to have that sort of communistic dictatorship in THIS country. My kids would NOT be attending a class where "their dear leader's voice" is being piped into the intercom system. Yes, my kids WILL stay home from that sort of indoctrination.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009