Out of curiosity

How many kids under the age of 12 will learn for the first time on Tuesday that it's possible to quit school early? Dropping out isn't something that gets a lot of play during 2nd grade recess. The cool kids aren't doing it yet. They think it means jumping off the slide.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didnt hear about being able to drop out of school at the age of 16 until I was 16!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• lo... the humor tonight is..ummmmm... interesting.... I am sure the teleprompter will have a good message prepared for Obama to speak.. Obama wasn't my issue. My issue was the direction the Department of Ed took to prepare "lessons" to discuss Obama. When in my opinion, it should have been lessons to discuss bettering themselves as individuals. NOT bettering themselves for the government. That and how will the teachers interpret the message?  How will the children interpret the message? Will the teachers allow the children to have an opinion? And can that opinion NOT include Obama?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yeah No. You are a moron. they will still be in school just in a different room doing different things not listening to the almighty Obamanator!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

I think you're in the wrong question anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• What?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• This is a stupid question.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am so tired of obama and what he is doing. this is crap. let these kids grow up stop putting crap in their heads. my district is not showing the speech thank goodness!! alot of parents called and complained so they decided they were not doing it. the teachers will teach the kids how to have their own thoughts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I cannot believe we as a country have evolved into such a way that it is okay to be so disrespectful towards the President of the United States. What kind examples are you all setting for your kids? It's okay to stomp your feet and cross your arms like a petulant little child and you will get your way? You do not have to respect Barack Obama the man, but as americans you should at least respect the office..You should really listen to yourselves. You don't deserve to be Americans. Wasn't there one President in school on 9/11/2001? I Bet none of those parents through such a wahhhhhhhhhhhmbulance needing hissy fit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My children will not be allowed to watch that crap on Tuesday. I will let their teachers know, in advance. And if it is an issue, then I will keep them home. Screw Obama and his plans.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Anon 33, I don't consider Obama a proper president. He is a markist, socialist donkey!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009