Parents who want to keep their kids out of school on Sept 8, may I make a suggestion???

I have an alternative which I think might be more effective than making your child miss a day of school. It will send a clear message as well....

Meet with the principal and teacher prior to Sept. 8. Tell them you do not wish your child to miss a valueable day of school so early in the year, but you do not wish your child to be involved in the "Obama activity." Tell them this lesson does not fit into the curriculum, you do not think your child is old enough to handle a speech like this, you disagree with the White House providing lesson plans, and you want to preview and watch it with your child first. As a parent, you have the right to all curriculum and lesson plans. Ask your child be given an alternative assignment that day, preferrably in an adjoining room. YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT! If they refuse, then proceed to keep him out of school. If they agree, watch how many others will request the same! Like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have done this and the school has sent out letters with a signature slip to request your child do other activities in another room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think it is all BS to begin with. When I was in school Bush talked to all the students and even though every one thought he was a J-A no one pulled their child out of school for that day.
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:31 - Did Bush provide lesson plans when he addressed the students????
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Bush talked to all the student
    __________
    About 9/11! What tragic event took place for Obama to address every child in America?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• How about they all just homeschool... good riddance closed minded right wing conservative christian nutters.

Then you can brainwash your kids even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Remind me again where Bush was when the planes hit...? Oh that's right, a CLASSROOM. The paranoia I am seeing on these questions is absolutely unbelievable.
    Anonymous

• When I was in school Bush talked to all the students and even though every one thought he was a J-A no one pulled their child out of school for that day.

Bush did not do anything at all like Obama is planning.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• this has such a china-esque creepy feel to it! my children will be 'sick' that day, and I know they won't be the only ones!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Remind me again where Bush was when the planes hit...? Oh that's right, a CLASSROOM.

Yes. A classroom...singular. NOT a couple hundred thousand classrooms simultaneously, with freakin handouts, and related assignments!!!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Remind me again where Bush was when the planes hit...?

Reading "My Pet Goat" Not self glorifying to the entire nation of Public School children. Its apples to oranges. What OBAMMY is planning is UNPRECIDENTED.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009