Psoriasis

Does anyone have scalp psoriasis? How do you treat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

• My son did. We had to get a prescripton from a dermatologist. There was nothing we used OTC that worked. I cant remember the name of what she gave us but it was this stuff that had peanut oil in it of all things (and some other medication) & I had to rub it in his head before bed then he wore a shower cap to bed. In the morning, the stuff just came right up off his scalp almost in one piece! it was gross but really amazing lol He rarely had a problem with it after that. We used a prescripton cream called "Dovonex" for his body psoriosis & also had it in a liquid form for his scalp. But after we used that other treatment we never had as big of a problem...just a little. Hope this helps a bit. He's nearly 19 now & he seems to have outgrown it & rarely has out breaks now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I have it, I've had it since I was in high school. But just in the last couple of years it has become really bad. I use a Rx medicated shampoo and Rx cream, but nothing is really helping, it's only getting worse. Plus now my hair is starting to fall out. I've decided to shave my head so that maybe it will be easier to treat it and getting a wig. I hope you have more luck than I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My daugter has it. Ask the doctor for CUTIVATE cream. It is an absolute MIRACLE drug for my kiddo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009