What is this? (tmi poo question)

I'm 20 weeks and lately when I have to go poo it feels like I'm pushing through my vagina. I have to push kinda hard and barely anything comes out but it still feels like my bowels are full, and then my vagina hurts because like I said it feels like I'm also pushing against my vagina! This is my 3rd baby and I don't remember anyhting like this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your prenatals have iron that is the likely culprit. Taking a stool softener won't fix the underlying problem because too much of the iron in the prenatals is extremly constipating. You could become dependend on the stool softener and not be able to go without one...not good. As a pp said, take a non iron childrens flintstone vitamin. Switch to a non constipating source of iron. I recommend liquid chlorophyll as it has natural stool softening properties, or you could take Floradix (also easily absorbed and non constipating). Drink plenty of water, make sure you are getting both soluable and insoluable fiber. It also helps if you put your feet up on a stepstool while you are voiding your bowels as it puts you into a more natural low squatting position.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Use a stool softener like Dulcolax - it will make the process easier.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 8:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yep I know this one all to well. Constipation. Boost up your fiber intake, get Metamucil and drink a glass every night, that will keep you going normal. I was told not use Dulcolax, but use Colace instead. If you are taking prenatals, talk with your doc. about it, maybe you can stop taking them and take 2 Flintstones vitamins daily. I am 34 weeks, what I have been doing to help with the constipation and I had it BAD, is drink at least 8 tall glasses of water a day and eat fiber loaded cereals, and drink 1 glass of the metamucil every night. Works great. trust me it will get worse, and then you get hemorrhoids and they HURT! Good Luck!
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 9:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009