it is better for a kid to start preschool at 3 or 4 years old

i have two girls one is three and he other is two. i feel bad cuz i work all day and their father is at home all day with them. what should i do

riancaroline

Asked by riancaroline at 8:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what could it hurt to put them in preschool, it would help them in the long run and prepare them for when they do start school. go for it and good luck
    lilcalimom02

Answer by lilcalimom02 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I just enrolled my SOON to be 3 year old in preschool. I honestly think it depends on the child, emotionally, and even physically (potty trained). Try it out if you feel they're ready, and if it doesnt work- you can always wait another year. good luck :-)
    KymmiW

Answer by KymmiW at 8:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son in 2 and my daughter is 1 and they are both in preschool. It's a good learning experience for them. They get what they need plus they learn how to interact with other children. My kids love going and the teachers love them.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i think it depends on the child. my 3 yr old was probably ready last yr, but the preschool only accepted 3 yr olds at the youngest. the teacher has told us that our dd is more than ready for preschool. there are other kids in my dd's class that just are not there yet, but the parents make them go to prek... so again, depends on the kid.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My oldest didn't start until 3, but my middle two started at two, and I'm planning on enrolling my youngest when he's 2 as well.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think it depends on the child...I'm wishing now that I had started my 4yr old last year; perhaps the adjustment wouldn't be so rough...she did great the first three days but yesterday she had a melt down apparently and had to be taken outside so the rest of the class could continue...she's only there for 3hrs a day!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• depends on the kid.

my oldest was not into the preschool thing - so we pulled her out and waited til kindergarten.

my middle thrived in preschool and is now in gr1.

my youngest starts preschool next week (she's 3) I have no idea how it will go..she's a combination of her sisters.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my son has been in childcare since he was 11 months. Now he is in the preschool program. He is an only child so I wanted him to be socialized with other children. Now he loves preschool and loves to play with his friends. He comes home talking about his friends.
    Laceymay

Answer by Laceymay at 7:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2009