Need a suggestion for child's tradition.

I bought my dd snowglobes for her first 5 birthdays as a tradition. Now I have 2 sons to buy for. I have chosen piggy banks for my 1st son. What should I buy for my second son?

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 8:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Dog statues? Model Cars? Gnomes? Kaleidoscopes?
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 8:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh I like kaleidascopes! Thanks. I forgot to mention that I want it to be sentimental, small, and inexpensive,but yet whimsical and totally child natured.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I stated collecting silver dollars evey year for his birthday. He now has 16 of them collects coins.`
    ayers65

Answer by ayers65 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Cool stamps from countries all over the world, model cars, baseball (or his favorite sport) cards from each year.....
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• For my godchild I have been buying Christmas Ornaments. Some are inexpensive and others have cost a bit more. I make sure that at least one each year has the year on it. (There is a shop about an hour from here that will paint anything you want onto a ornament and the shop is 2 floors of Christmas open year round)

When she graduates from high school, she will have a tree's worth of ornaments that are all hers. My sister noticed an angel theme so I try to buy one angel for each year, but I also buy whatever catches my eye. If I can include her interests and milestones (driver's license, first communion, etc...) I do that too.

While not child friendly, it will mean more years in the future.
    lt1jane

Answer by lt1jane at 3:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i really like the kaleidascope idea. and it really goes along with what you are looking for.
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 5:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009