Does anyone have any cheap meal ideas??

My husband was just laid off so now I am trying to find ways to stretch our dollar. I need new cheap meal ideas. I have used all the ones I have and the family it getting sick of them already. So if any of you moms out there could I would greatly appreciate it. I even have deer burger that helps us save on meat costs. Any ideas for deer burger receipes would be great help also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Try joining some groups on here. Crock pot Moms is a great one, as well as Recipes.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Send me a message if you would like some recipes:

Lentil Sloppy Joes
    Tamale Bean Pie
    Southwest Falafel
    Peanut Noodles
    Blueberry oatmeal pancakes
    Sweet potato and black bean burritos

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• ground meat, beef rice, its yummy, you need 1lb ground meat, one box of beef rice (any brand will do i get the cheap 100 or less kind) onion, brown meat, cook rice mix everything together, chicken and spanish rice, boil chicken, cook rice mix together, yummy. and cheap we pay like 1.11 for boneless skinless chicken strips. chilli, kidney beans, cheap kind, baked beans, cheap kind, onion, green bell pepper, chilli seasoning packet, ground meat. you can make that with deer meat. garlic butter noodles, garlic, butter noodles, super easy and cheap and if you put nacho cheese on them omg its good. and seasoning packets are awesome. you can mix them with anything for anything. i use them all the time. thats all i got for now if i can think of more ill post them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• brown some venison burger and add it to a few boxes of mac and cheese, you can add meat and or veggies to a few packs of ramen noodles for a quick meal, sloppy joes are pretty cheap as is meatloaf. Avoid prepared foods like flavored mashed potatoes, instead buy Ragu sauces for about $1.50. You can add to 2 or 3 meals out of them, I'm sure I'll think of more but that's it for now.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I have an extremely limited budget for feeding 7 people. I put together plenty of recipes on my blog Rhonda's Homestyle Recipes, please feel free to check it out for ideas. Stir fry using frozen veggies and casseroles & skillet meals are great dollar stretchers.  Make a gravy after browning a lb. of ground venison and serve with potatoes, rice or biscuits. 

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• google " deer hamburger recipes"

also just buy only what is on sale and try to use coupons with the items on sale.
    You can get buy cheaply just by getting say...."encorr" frozen family meals and some instant mashed potatoes. Also make hot dishes and stretch them out by using frozen veggies, potatoes, rice
    If you want any good thoughts and ideas feel free to message me. I know how to stretch a buck!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• These meals can be cheap (some cheaper than others), and some of these are meals that I make all the time. Others of them I make sometimes. If you want the recipes for any of them, send me a pm.

chicken, rice and broccoli dish (not a casserole)

vegetable and beef stew (warning - while very good, hearty, and cheap, impossible to make in small amounts, so be prepared to feed a bunch of people or freeze it)

soup beans, ham, and home made cornbread

ham, green beans and potatoes dish (when I make this, I buy a small ham and use some in this dish, some for the one above, and some I slice and fry, so while the ham is a more pricey item I get 3 meals out of it)

potato soup (can use ham in this too if you want)

Home made egg mcmuffins

sloppy joes

meatloaf

goulash

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009