I wanted to know how many??

How many mom's have babies or young children that have Plagiocephaly?? My son has it and we started treatment today. I also wanted share a link to my support group for parents dealing with Plagiocephaly.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/plagiocephalymoms

Mazie0723

Asked by Mazie0723 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't, but I am curious, what is it?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Flat head syndrome - or abnormally shaped head.

No, my son was borderline with it - when he was in the NICU, but he settled himself out. :]
    Good luck to your precious one.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well we did not notice it until he was 2 months old and my ped had me do the stretches with him but it hasn't made the progress I wanted to. So for now the PT will see him every two weeks after he gets his helmet.

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My friend's son had plagiocephaly; they thought he would need a corrective helmet, but his head rounded out all on its own before he was one year.
    On the helmet... I've heard of moms who have had the helmets painted like a football helmet, or with a favorite character (like Elmo, Batman, etc).
    Best wishes! I think it is so great that you started a group!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well thank you mevxoxo.. My older 4 kids had it too and it corrected it's self but my youngest also has a slight tightness of muscle in his neck and his is more sever then the other kids he's skull is starting to shift and deform his face.

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• aw i had no idea what that was, but i saw a little girl in balitmore this weekend with one on it had butterflies all over it. now i understand kinda, what does it casue or do to them? sorry im very uninformed apparently
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 11:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009