how do i get my nearly 5mo old....HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE!

how do i get her to sleep all night... whats a good bed time and what time should she wake up? how many naps a day and how long should they be? she goes to bed at 1 am every nite and wakes up at 8 to feed then wakes up till 12 or 1 is that ok shoul i wake her up earlier????????? HELP PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have a 5 months old babygirl as well...this is her schedule.

she usually goes to bed (falls asleep, through my efforts of trying to keep her awake as long as i could) around 8pm-8:30 and she does pretty well until about 4am and wakes up takes a bottle and goes back down immediatley until around 9am-ish.
    i dont lay her down for a nap until about 1pm, then she sleep about 3 hours.
    then it's night time again =)

it;s up to you on the whole schedule thing, but it'd probably work out for the best to try and straighten out her schedule so shes on the same as everyone else just so it wont be harder later (daycare, etc.) &it would probably help you get more sleep as well =)

GOODLUCK!!
    amberstevens

Answer by amberstevens at 9:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• unless you work late nights, no she should be in bed around 8ish, wake up around between 6-8 am. She may or may not wake during the night for feedings, you will have to gradually readjust her bedtime schedule to back it up. First by waking her in the morning at a "normal" time. Dont give naps to late in the day and hopefully lay her down around 8ish for the night. As for naps, it has been a few years for me so maybe some other moms can guide you on nap length and the average number.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• There's really no way to force little ones to sleep all night - they'll do it naturally.
    The best the we can do is set up a routine. Give them their last bottle, and an hour later - give them a warm soothing lavender bath, with cuddles in a rocking chair in a dimly lit room, and then off to slumber time.
    Or... whatever. Set a routine - same time every time.
    With that being said.. it sounds like she sleeps through the night ANYWAYS - just quite a bit late. My son goes to sleep around 8.30-9 and wakes up at about 7.
    Naps vary with babies as well - as long as they're not lethargic and eating properly, playing happily... they're fine. One baby can take a 15 minute nap once, or another can be fine with an hour nap twice a day.
    If your baby isn't waking up for a bottle... well, let her sleep on through. She's fine.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• that's a pretty late night for a baby, but if it works for your schedual, sweet. 7 straight hours is pretty good and medically considered sleeping through the night. I agree with the pps set a routine, ours is dinner, bath, movie/massage, then bed. I think 5 month old babies need around 14-15 total hours of sleep a day. so if shes sleeping 12 hrs at night (not consecutively) then 2-1 hour naps should be good
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Here is my 6 month olds schedule and its been this way for months. Bath at 7:15-7:30. Lotion, diaper, change and jammies on by 7:40, warm bottle by 7:45 and 95% of the time in bed by 8:00 (the latest by 8:15). She sleeps all night (only waking a couple of times to talk, never cry) and wakes up around 8. If she is not up by 8:15, I will wake her. She usually will take a 30 min nap around 10:30, then another 30 min nap around 12:30 and then another 30 min nap around 2:30 (I do not wake her she just is a short napper). She can sleep as much as she wants up until her bottle at 4:00, then no more naps till bed. If you do not do it already, start a night time routine. It really helps. Just back her bedtime up little by little and she will get to a good bedtime that will work for you. Good Luck.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Many babies don't sleep through the night this early. My daughter was 8 months old the first time she slept six solid hours. Your child is normal.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my daughter goes to bed at 9 pm and doesnt get up til around 8 or 9 depending on if she gets really hungry.i think it just depends on the baby.if shes has a schedule id just go with it
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son is 12 months and still wakes half way through night for a bottle. He has just recently started to sleep from 8:30 to 8:30ish....but it's still not the norm. All the comments above, yeah, it's not the norm to sleep 12 hours that age. A 6 hour stretch is good. And my son still naps twice a day, for about an hour to two hours each nap.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• works best for me to just go with my sons schedule. trying to mess with his natural sleep pattern will create more chaos for everyone.....so my son still takes short naps through the day at 5 months old. he will usualy get up between 7-8 am...he will have a bottle and play for about an hour and a half and then takes a later morning nap for sometimes a short time but usually 2 hours..then he will wake around lunch time, have a bottle,,play and sometimes he will stay up for a good 2-3 hours, but usually no more than that before hes down again, and then he will sometimes take a shorter nap....sometimes long, but lately its been a half hour...then hes up again, plays, then has a bottle around dinner time, and then hes usually fussy for the next 3 hours..sometimes he has another nap in there. then i give him his bath and his last bottle. by 8:30 hes ready to be cuddled and falls asleep by 9...sleeps till morning.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my son is very active though. no crawling or anything but hes just always waving his arms around, like tarzan he hits his chest, if i hold him on my shoulder he is a wild man just cant settle down alot...so he wears himself out and does not normally stay up for longer than 2-3 hours and i like to get him down by 2 hours bc by then he is getting fussy and before i know it hes crying uncontrollably from being so overtired. so i dont mess with trying to keep him up or get him ona schedule. and if we are out somewhere at night, he will fall asleep around the usual time but wake up when i get him out of his carseat when we get home, and i have still given him a bath late, and his bottle and he still slept at night...so i like ot keep the same thing going everynight. he has had a bath eveyr night since he was about 2 weeks old bc he loves it and it calms him down and gets him ready for sleep. try that!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009