Do you really think it will work?

The public option which Obama said himself will lead to a single payer system which will be Universal Health Care.
Here are some numbers
Country Single no kids Married2kids Population
Canada 31.6% 21.5% 32,623,490
France 50.1% 41.7% 61,399,541
Poland 43.6% 42.1% 38,500,696
Italy 45.4% 35.2% 61,020,000
All of those places have Universal Health care
here are the U.S. numbers
USA 29.1% 11.9% 304,059,724
Really look at those numbers. Do you think with those taxes we can afford Health care to everyone? (remember Obama said no tax raises) Is this "free" Health Care plan looking so free now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't think it would work to start off with.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It's a trainwreck. There is no way in hell it would ever work...thank God.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• No, it definitely will not work. It doesnt take numbers to know this and if those who STILL cant see it with the numbers... well, there's no hope for them. ;)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yeah, hopefully none of you ever have something catastrophic happen to you where that UHC would not seem like such a bad idea when you go into foreclosure or bankruptcy. Oh wait, you all are millionaires and receive nothing but the finest concierge medical services..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• America DOES indeed have the best medical care and coverage around, Anon 34. That is why they flock from around the world...to escape THEIR govt. run health care, and get treated!!!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "Yeah, hopefully none of you ever have something catastrophic happen to you where that UHC would not seem like such a bad idea when you go into foreclosure or bankruptcy. Oh wait, you all are millionaires and receive nothing but the finest concierge medical services.."

My god.. How many times must I repeat myself before idiotic anons get it through their thick skulls? Us against this bill DO want health care reform, JUST NOT THIS KIND! Why rush this bill when it holds the life of millions of Americans in its hands?? We can see how it will affect Americans in a negative way and we DONT want that for America or it's people!

And as for the millionaire thing, please tell me where this money is... I could really use it!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• 8:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 by: Anonymous
    See you are not addressing the data. You are using scare tactics. "What if something catastrophic happens to your family" is trying to scare me to say, Oh my goodness you are right what if! What if I work hard for what I have and need and because I have worked so hard I encourage others to work hard and EARN it? Does that makes me a bad person? Am I a bad person because I want reform just not one that will bankrupt our country, destroy Medicare completely, and tax me to the point I go from high mid class to dirt poor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Good point, anon :51. No one can explain how we will pay for it, no one knows what it will cost, no one knows what it will cover. However, we should all be terrified into buying into the plan because we "might" get a catastrophic illness.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It is not affordable and I don't think something as serious as a heatlcare bill should be rushed into like this. We do need improvement in our health care system. But why the rush?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• WOW I have not seen those numbers before...wow..that's just about all I have to say except I an certain not one person with a marble in their head ever believed that no taxes would be raised.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009