hello, everyone question could it be a matter of time for me to get pregnant if i havent in over 2 years? im still getting my af when im suppose to so my doc says there's nothing wrong with me or should i look farther?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• get a new dr!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If your doc isn't doing more testing than "is your period regular", you don't have a good doc. Go to a reputable fertility clinic and get bloodwork and ultrasounds, maybe even a hysterosalpinogram (sp?).
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Was this your OBGYN who said that? If it was and that was his or her response, I would see a fertility specialist, or at least get another OBGYN
    tcgwo

Answer by tcgwo at 9:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I agree with all of the above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I agree with the others. Just because you have a regular period does not mean you are ovulating, much less the other problems that could possibly be a factor. If there is nothing wrong after a thorough examination, then you could see if the problem lies somewhere on the other side (aka the man). Sometimes there is nothing wrong, but generally after 6 months to a year of TTC without success your doctor should at least rule out any possible problems. JMO
    GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My obgyn said that I should have no difficulties getting pregnant. But a pelvic exam and blood work and pap test are not enough to verify it. You'll need a transvaginal ultrasound, blood work, HSG to make sure your tubes are open and maybe more testing to know if your body is capable of concieving. But even then there is unexplained fertility and your partners factors. No one can tell you for sure that you can concieve for sure. Sometimes there is no diagnosis.
    Sarahp1379

Answer by Sarahp1379 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009