my daughters poop

My daughter will be 2 in 2 weeks and the past 2 days her poop has been a very runny green stool. She's not sick from what I can tell and her eating hasn't been any dif ferent but this poop is like bright forest green. The only think she has eaten more of us gummy fruit snakes but they are red. Should I be worried? What does this mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• call the doctor first, and did you give her any new juice? grape juice makes my dds poos green. but if nothing new then call the doc. and explain to him/her whats going on and see what they say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Sounds a lot like my son's poop when he has diarrhea. You could try putting her on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) diet for diarrhea and see if that helps.
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Thanks no she has not been given any new juice, and I'm not so much worried about the texture as I am bout the color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My almost 2 year old son had BRIGHT green poops about a month ago. I was alarmed because I had NEVER seen Kelly Green Poop before. So we went to the doctor. I was told that especially when its diarrhea that the green means the food is passing way to quickly through the gut. Try her on the BRAT diet as someone said earlier. Also ask the doctor about possibly giving her pediasure or pedialite until this passes. Usually the doctors dont freak until it starts affecting growth and the like.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 1:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009