losing mucous plug

okay i've heard when you loose your mucous plug its like bloody but i've also heard it could be white and gushy. anyway the other day i went and used the restroom well as i wiped there was some gooey clear stuff. could that have been some of it?
btw i'm 31 weeks!

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have called my Dr office on this one because mine is yellow and sticky. They say it can be yellow or clear,pink, gooey, and with or without a little blood. Everyone is different and i think the blood from what I've been told is more towards the end if it happens, it may or may not. (31 weeks is early, I'd def call Dr.) You can ask your doctor or one of the nurses on phone for sure, but I'm willing to bet it's your mucus plug.
    babyluver

Answer by babyluver at 10:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yes i lost mine like two weeks ago that is exactly what it is and it doesnt have to have any blood..
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 11:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• While it could have been, it was most likely regular discharge. Towards the end of pregnancy, most women get increased discharge that looks exactly like what you described. I always double check everything with my Dr., so you should, but I highly doubt it was the mucous plug.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009