how do you convince people your son is really a boy when they keep calling him a girl?

I rode the bus with my son. and this women asked me if he was a boy or a girl. i said he was a boy. then she asked me why i didnt have ribbons in her hair. she kept calling him a girl. He was wearing blue.... i dont understand why this keeps happening.

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL - you could always take him out nakked!! : ) Just keep dressing him in blue, when he gets older he will start to look more like a boy. I would just be happy you have such a pretty little man.

Answer by sapient at 3:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Some people are weird, I had my daughter in a purple dress and a pink carseat and pink stroller, and people still asked me how old HE was. People are just to ignorant to pay attention. I would say just correct them, you could try putting outfits on him that have to do with trucks, baseball, and football. Things like that.

Answer by flutterby87us at 3:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• When my boys were babies I would have them dressed head to toe in blue, with trucks and footballs and the whole nine yards and people would still think they were girls!!! I think it was because they were such beautiful babies. People are just ignorant!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Some boys do have feminine features b/c their faces haven't matured yet... and they can look "girly" if they have long and/or curly hair. Lots of girls wear blue too, so that doesn't always help. Maybe your son needs a haircut, or maybe he should wear a sign... JUST KIDDING! Who cares what they think! I'm sure your son is a handsome young man & those strangers are just idiots!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• whenever my dd wears blue people call her a boy, and she is SOO feminine. people are dumb, think of a smart ass answer to make yourself feel better and them feel stupid.

Answer by katiesmom123 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• That is why I consider people stupid reading all of your posts!! The general public doesn't know one gender from another. Even when they are grown up men look like women men look like men. My son has long haair for 5 months old, that is why people still call him a her. I'm getting used to it by now, I just stop and politely correct them.

Answer by donna1972 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• this is easier talk in sloooowwww mothion...iiiittttssss aaaa bbbbboooyyy uuuu iiiidddiiiooottt. lol see i knew this would happen thats why i got everything very boyish for mine because my daughter got called a boy all the time it ticked me off time just walk him out naked...they cant mistake the peeper for a mgirl now can they lol

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son has blond curls so we get that too. It doesn't matter what he wears sometimes people think he is a girl. I have actually had people say he is just too pretty to be a boy! My sister-in-law's response is to ask if boy's are supposed to be ugly. :)

Answer by rasbneon at 8:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Well, if someone is just ignoring you say it, then that is one thing. But if they argue over if your child is a boy, then I'd flash 'em the goods and say does this look like a vagina to you? lol :) My lil man can be decked out in boyish things and ppl call him a girl..he has my eyes and daddy's long eyelashes. :D

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008