Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult version of diaper rash?

This is humiliating but I've battled this forever. I get diaper rash every few months, or what I call diaper rash since I don't wear diapers and I don't use disposable feminine protection or tampons cuz if I do it is REALLY bad. I buy diaper ointment for me, not my kids! Does anyone else have experience with this and/or better yet have a way to prevent it? I know I cannot be the only person who deals with this.


Asked by cat1622 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

Level 9 (357 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • its probably external yeast infection.. not diaper rash.. try using zeasopb AF ?? spelling is horrible sorry but it is anti fungal powder available behind the pharmacy but without an Rx

    Answer by MELRN at 10:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • you may actually have an outter yeast infection. instead of trying baby ointment. try using something with clotrimazole ointment for the rash.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • if you use something like Jock Itch Relief (walgreens) or the like, as a pp poster said, something for anti funga (needs to have clotrimazole)l, it should help. if you need, tear up an old white t-shirt (cotton) to help with moisture. but an antifungal cream is what it sounds like it needs.

    Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • Keep the area dry. Put baby powder on the area, even though it might burn.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • hey...i get that from using disposable pads each month.. i cant wear them very long... over in walmart they have this spray for diaper rash, it helps sometimes. but also i use the gold bond powder its medicated and it helps alot.... ive used creams before and they hurt more for me.. i just assumed i had an allergic reaction to the pads.... but it feels the same as a rash...

    Answer by cnruiz917 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • If it's in your crack instead of on your cheeks and if it burns and itches and is a deep red, then it's a yeast infection. When it's an external yeast infection it's call thrush. Get some Monistat or Lotrimin cream and apply it two times a day every day and continue 1 week after all symptoms clear because yeast is stubborn and comes back. Also, when you washer your panties, put a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle to kill the yeast or you will keep reinfecting yourself. If this doesn't clear it up in a month, you need to see your doctor.

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • What does your doctor have to say about this?

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • I use a diva cup or cloth instead of pads now so I haven't had this happen in a long time. It just spiked up the day I asked the question and tried the yeast stuff- Tada it is going away. It does feel different from the rash I get from pads too. It is on my tooshy, not my girl parts this time too.

    Thanks everyone for your help!

    Answer by cat1622 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • Ya, I'd go with the antifungal cream too. Just use monistat 7 day treatment (or generic) without the aplicators for the vaginal treatment.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009