who here shops at big lots and is it good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes. I shop at Big Lots. Of course...I'm a bargain shopper and have pinched pennies till they beg for mercy since I was 13 though too. :) I love to go in there and see what kind of stuff they have! I also like Burke's Outlet (also called Beale's Outlet).
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Big Lots is cool! They have stuff that we can't find anywhere else around here (like Seventh Generation products) for such a great price! Love Big Lots.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I like Big Lots too, just make sure you check dates and conditions of boxes if you buy food things there.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't buy any food items at Big Lots, just don't trust them. I have bought other things and I found a livingroom set I want for $500!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yeah but don't get attached to any certain kind of food cuz there is no guarentee it will be there the next time you want some.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

•  My husband surprised me with a beautiful queen sized, cherry wood finished slay bed and a brand new mattress for less that $600. It shocked me that he found something that beautiful at Big Lots. Shortly after we got our bed I went with him to find a sofa and there wasn't much of a selection. I think it is the type of place that will just get leftovers from other retailers. Its kinda of a shot in the dark as to when they will have good things.

Jen_Stewart

Answer by Jen_Stewart at 10:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It is kind of like a treasure hunt. Or a fishing expedition. I know what TYPE of things will be there, but not specifics. I've had no trouble with food items at all, but just check dates if you're worried. I got an awesome couch, recliner and chaise (that originally was made for Ashley) for under $700. However, other Big Lots stores in my area aren't neat and organized, so I stick to mine. If you go to one and it's horrible, before you give up on the whole concept, try another one. It may have a better manager. JMO.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I really like Big Lots!! The one thing you have to watch out for is the merchandise changes, so if you see something you like it is a good idea to stock up cause next time you go back they may not have it anymore. You can find some good deals and they do seem to have quite a variety of things.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• MizLee-
    And you know if you buy more than one of something you haven't ahd before to stock up you are not going to like the way it taste that always happens to me
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I love big lots!!!!! Take your time and go often they dont always have the same thing the next time you go in.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009