what does this mean? SO is being weird.....

I'm 16 wks preggo and i'm not suppose to tell anyone i'm preggo.... I did tell my brother before his wedding in july tho, cus I don't like to lie. I also told my cousin who lives out of state cus she kept asking me to come down for a weekend out at clubs. I was spotting a week and a half ago and went in for an ultrasound and some tests and thank god it was all normal, I ended up telling my best friend and my mom. with specific instructions to keep it to themselves cus my SO hasn't told his parents and doesn't want to for some reason.
tonight he got mad saying ppl know... the ppl i'v told and that i shouldn't involve others in our relationship... I asked "so I can't talk to ppl?"
then he says "Stop getting other people involved in our relationship or we are not going to have a relationship." I asked him what that meant and he repeated himself adding "comprehend?"
would this worry you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• How does he intend to keep this a secret when you start showing? He isn't making much sense. Yes, I would be worried. He is acting shady and it sounds like he might not be around by the time the baby comes.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• SIXTEEN weeks and you're NOT SUPPOSED to tell people news that is supposed to be happy and joyous!?! A pregnancy in the family involves more than just the two people who made the pregnancy happen. I didn't tell anyone for 12 weeks with either of my pregnancies. "Just in case". I can understand waiting in case there were to be complications. But you are past that. Your SO sounds like a selfish prick to me. Sounds like he's afraid of this baby making your relationship "real" and him not being able to get out now if he wanted to. My opinion of course...but that's what I"m gathering from what you've said.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• be worried! telling other people that you are preggers is NOT involving others in your relationship, but it IS involving them in your LIFE!!!!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• he's sounds like a douche (no offense) there's probably something he's not telling you. i hope he mans up and things work out. good luck.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• 16 weeks? I'd be tellin everybody who would take a second to listen!!! Wow....he sounds like a real piece of work. I'd tell anyone and everyone and if he didn't like it he could shove it where the sun don't shine. This is a time to be happy and celebrating. Not acting as if its a dirty secret.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think that's kind of weird and he sounds like a jerk (sorry).
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 11:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my ex husband an I were separated when
    I found out I was pregnant and he told his family but that was it....well I was 8 months along and there was a party and I was his DD (sober driver)...all his friends were like "what the hell your pregnant?" He didn't tell anyone!!! and we also didn't have the same set of friends. He was a pot head and i was not.....niether were my friends
    Yeah a man should be bragging about his unborn baby!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yes I would be worried. He is not happy about the pregnancy. Not sure if he isn't ready or not wanting people to know due to something else going on in his life? All I know is you should be able to tell people if you want. His family not knowing is strange. But if you're not married could it be he thinks they would be disappointed? Or what?

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm not sure what his deal is. I asked him again last night to tell his parents because it's about time he does. Everything is fine with the baby so no reason not to, right?
    He said at one time he wanted to wait til he found employment cus he's not working right now and didn't want to get the "hoow you gonna afford to take care of baby speach" so maybe he thinks they will be disappointed I don't know. As far as his friends and stuff I think maybe he's afraid of catchin some shit, like "better get a job" blah blah blah... I know that would be the last things I'd want to hear when announcing because you already KNOW ya know.
    But i'm getting sick of hiding it, id like them to know. I want my other 2 children to know also. But can't tell them cus as soon as they know the whole world wil know lol.
    I hope this passes SOOOOOON. and he can just man up and take some shit if that's gonna be the case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2009