Would You Leave Your Husband?

If he told you he would kill you? Even if you don't believe he would actually do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• MY STORY........

15 YEARS AGO MY EX HUSBAND LOOKED RIGHT AT ME AND TOLD ME TO LOOK OUT THE WINDOW TO THE BUSHES......I DID...HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO DRAG ME TO THOSE BUSHES AND SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD....PLACE THE GUN JUST RIGHT AND CALL IT A SUICIDE...hE HAD BEEN TELLING ME FOR MONTHS i WAS CRAZY SO HE SAID THAT iN FACT..... I WAS!!!! crazy and everyone knew it so he'd be off the hook and he'd be home free

I spent t he next week packing and telling him I'm leaving he would just laugh and say I will never make it without him....
    I did make i t just fine without him
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• depends on the context he used... but if you are at all scared by his comment, you should sit down and have a serious chat with him.. and if you are so scared that you feel you would need to leave, then do it! Don't compromise your well being!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree. If you were scared and it was a serious threat, then get the hell on!

Regardless if you are scared or not, you need to leave for a while and let him figure out what he said was wrong.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It depends on the whole conversation and how it was said. My husband would never say anything like that even in a joking matter. Please be careful. If you are asking this question on here you must be a little worried.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• if it were an actuall threat, then yes i would. in a heartbeat! and take the kids with you. weather you belive him or not, if he threatened you like that, then he is capable of following through
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• There has been a lot of domestic violence in my marriage. Not like punching me but breaking things, scaring me, pulling my hair, man handling me, ect. He said it in anger and yoked me up and pushed me into the wall. I called the police to get info on a shelter but they came anyway. When I told him that the police were coming to give me info and i wasnt having him arrested. He said that if I did have him arrested, he really would kill me. Forget being scared, but I cant get past him saying that. If you love someone you dont say that, right?
    -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• File for a restraining order.Document everything he has said and done to you.He sounds evil and mean.Move far away from him,if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Leave. I cannot imagine ever saying such a thing to anyone unless they tried to kill me first.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• LEAVE NOW! guys who do and say things like that are the guys who REALLY DO kill their wives! and yes, you are right,if you truly love someone, you dont even think things like that!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• That depends on if he is abusive or not.
    If not, then no. I would not leave him AS LONG AS he/we got some counseling to deal with his issues.

but then again, i tend to believe in a more traditional marriage then i think most woman these days believe in.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2009