Does it bother you?

To see a small child (i'm talking 2-5) not in a carseat or booster seat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, as a former EMT & First Responder who has seen many, many nasty car accidents, it absolutely makes me angry! Let these irresponsible parents see one DEAD toddler on the road b/c the child went flying through the front windshield and then maybe they'd understand that the necessity of a carseat far outweighs the inconvienence and/or expense of buying a new one once the child outgrows the infant seat.

And to wheresthewayout: A seatbelt designed for an adult is not sufficient restraint in an accident to keep a toddler or young child from flying about the car from the force of impact; the child might as well be just sitting on the seat with nothing.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yes
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It bothers me a TON!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yes
    NikkiNehring

Answer by NikkiNehring at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OMG! That gets me so heated it isn't even funny. That irritates the crap out of me! It bothers me when the car/booster seat isn't used properly too.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• not really
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• ARE THEY IN A SEAT BELT?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yes I get so mad I yell "OH MY GOD!!! LOOK!!!! THAT BABY'S NOT IN A CARSEAT!!!!" then my fiance gets on to me for yelling in his ear LOL. I also get really upset when i see carseat in the front seat of a car! OMG what are those parents thinking?
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Hey I'm with sadiesmom87.I have seen children in car accidents, and what happens when they are not in their car seats. They should have commercial about that, using dummies dressed up as people. but hat's too real for t.v.
    sarahcooks

Answer by sarahcooks at 2:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• 1) a child aged 2-5 is not a baby. THAT gets me heated when people refer to toddlers, preschoolers, children, etc as BABIES when they are not.

2) A child not in a carseat makes me nuts! So does seeing older children (8-10) in the front seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009