How can I get my 16month old to eat!!?

she used to be quite the lil' pig, but since she's turned one she just stopped eating less and less and now for the past week its strictly Pedia Sure!! Now, I live in Louisiana and rice and gravy is a big thing as you probably know. She will eat rice and gravy but I dont know how to make it and I am tired of it!! PlEaSEEE HELP!!!
My momma keeps telling me that most babies do this, dont worry unless shes losing weight. Shes not lost any weight but its still scary.

ilovekaydeej

Asked by ilovekaydeej at 10:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your Mama is right. Any pediatrician will tell you to just make sure the weight is good.

If your kid is hungry, she will eat. Don't worry about cooking just rice and gravy at every meal. Serve a wide variety of foods...just place them in front of her, and leave it at that.

Avoid drama over getting her to eat, or it could mess up that healthy relationship with food that babies and toddlers naturally have.

And heck, you might want to try giving a little less milk and pediasure, as she might just be getting comfortably full off of that.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My 19 month old son does the same thing to me. He'll eat a ton during a growth spurt, and any other time, I can only get him to eat snack-ish things. At 6 months he was labelled failure to thrive, and we've been rid of that label for nine months now.

Pediasure is definitely making sure she has the nutrients she needs. But, you could try cutting down on that a little. Try a variety of the snacks to see if she likes them if you're really concerned.

As for meals, feed her what you eat (unless it's on the bad-for-baby list). If she doesn't eat it, then she doesn't. Making her special meals will only make things harder for you in the long run. (Our exception is mandarin oranges. Coby gets those special cause they're an easy side that he'll usually demolish).
    ke11yturtle

Answer by ke11yturtle at 7:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Mu daughter was the same she wouldnt eat. I cut down on the milk and she started eating alot more. she likes yougurt ( YOBABY YOGURT) she loves it they have different flavors and its good for them. start with different things, eggs, pancakes, and chicken nuggets.
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2009