what do you think of a 14 month old ff in carseat?

mari2120

Asked by mari2120 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it depends on the weight etc. of the baby
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• you can switch at 12 months
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• As long as the baby is 20+ lbs than it's fine, however rear facing longer is safer if that's an option.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think that if the baby is too tall and too big to RF(by maxing out on the limits of a convertible car seat which is about 30-40 lbs) then it is fine however it is dumb to FF before then since RF is PROVEN to be about 500% safer for children under 2yrs and 30lbs.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 11:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If the child fits the weight and height requirements on the seat they will be fine.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 11:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would keep them rear facing (my 13 month old is) so long as they have not maxed out the RF limits.

However, assuming the child is past 20lbs, at least it's legal now.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If the baby is over 20lbs then it is legal!

I ff at 23lbs and 11.5 mos, she is now 21 mos and playing I Spy keeps her occipied, and she can also see the moose running in front of the car! And our car seat didn't fit rf so that is why she got turned earlier. We bought a new car at that time and the carseat she has will not fit any other way but ff, even though it was perfect rf when she was newborn.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i can't remember when we switched our son but it was when he reached the limits for the seat he had. i really wish we had one of those expensive ones that you can RF in for longer! well, fortunately we haven't had any accidents and he's now to the size that he would be FF anyway. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The only reason I would FF a 14 month old was if they had maxed out any convertible on the market, but being that there is now a seat with a 45lb RF weight limit, IMO, there is no reason to have a toddler FF. I have a 3.5, almost 4 year old who RFs in her Britax Marathon. You dont have to have an expensive seat to RF. The Cosco Scenera RF to 35lbs and costs less than 50 bucks.
    RF is 500x safer, why wouldnt any parent choose to protect their child in the safest way possible. This includes not have 2 and 3 year olds in booster seats.
    MommyBoha

Answer by MommyBoha at 7:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2009