Can I still breastfeed my 6 month old if I'm 4 weeks pregnant?

BabyMakerBailey

Asked by BabyMakerBailey at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes honey. and when there is 2 babies your body should continue to make enough, if you already have a nice supply
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yes. Be sure you're eating enough good food and getting lots of fluid and you should be able to breastfeed and grow a baby at the same time.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/index.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yep i know a mom who bf'ed thru 2 pregnancies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yes like others have said just make sure you are eating well so your dont lose any of the essentials your own body needs and drink lots of water.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If you have a history of miscarriage then NO- BF'ing makes your uterus contract- and if you have had multiple miscarriages than a contracting usterus is NOT a good thing in pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Breastfeeding doesn't cause your uterus to contract anymore than it normally would during a pregnancy anyway...
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think what you should be concerned about it is if you had preterm labor with your previous pregnancy. THen there's a risk, but as for miscarriage, I've never heard of that. I also know that if you're in labor, breastfeeding helps to get it going!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Definitely talk with your OB or MIW about it because if you had issues with preterm labor or possible other issues during your last pregnancy then it may not be recommended, but for most women it is just fine. I nursed my son until he was 18 months and I was 5 months pregnant and I know several women who nursed through their entire pregnancy. My MW had me take double prenatals, but I was still taking a single dose the entire time nursing any way.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yes, if your pregnancy is normal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009