what would you do.....

If someone lied on you just to get your kids taken away, would you be outraged? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• If they succeeded, I don't know what I'd do. Possibly kill them. That's the worst thing someone could do, next to killing my child. Just my opinion.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• um...how is this even possible? This would mean that not only did they lie but Children and Youth could prove the lie. They wouldn't take the children just because someone said something. They investigate.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If someone lied with the intention of getting CPS involved and I knew about it, I would be pissed. However, if the children did get removed from the home, then there was probably a reason it happened that way. That is just my opinion.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Are you kidding, mom1stepmom1? CPS is so corrupt they *stole* my baby out of the hospital! Adoption fraud! And lied like the devil to cover it up when I came after them demanding an explanation! Lying to take any of my children is courting disaster... I will expose whoever does it, and DESTROY THEM.

The reason most children are taken away is MONEY. Having spent over 5 years in fostercare, I can tell you the ones who need to be taken usually aren't, and those who are are bartered around paying other's way through life.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 1:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You see for someone to get YOUR children taken away ,means you messed up.No one ever wants to take somone kids away , unless its for money or power. It's too bad. You should straighten up, hold your head up, and do what you have too ,to get your babies back. now if you seem like the type that shouldn't have children,then you should seek a church or group ,to see if maybe the kids are possibly in better place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• People can file false reports and have an investigation done but the child isn't going to be taken away unless things are actually witnessed by a case worker.

"CPS is so corrupt they *stole* my baby out of the hospital! Adoption fraud! And lied like the devil to cover it up when I came after them demanding an explanation!"

So CPS just basically went into the hospital without cause and took your baby from you? They had to have SOME reason to even be there in the first place.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• When someone makes an allegation regarding abuse or neglect of a child, the burden of proof is then on the state. They have to investigate. I know in OH removing the child from the home is the absolute last resort. They have all kinds of intervention and help for parents who are in crisis. They cannot just sweep in and take your kids. You would be surprised at what children can have to live with and not be taken from a home. They will make sure your utilities are on, there is food in the house, running water etc. But other than food and shelter, as long as they are not abused that is about all the state requires from parents. It is very hard to prove a person unfit.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately, I agree with Salexander here. My stepson's biological mother has absolutely no skill in caring for her son, however she still has him twice a week. There is mold in the house, he comes home crying every day, she tells him she can't afford food or gas for her car, she has told multiple people (my husband and myself included) that she cannot handle the emotional stress of going grocery shopping. Mental health reported her because she said that she was going to kill herself. She has been reported by us, the school, her family, her neighbors...she has actually told me that CPS has been to her house 7 times in nearly 5 years to investigate. She told my son that she couldn't handle to have him at her house for 2 days in a row, unless it was only every once in a while. Told him this in front of me. But she still has him 2 nights a week.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2009