my 1 year old sucks her thumb, how can i stop her from sucking her thumb?

anyone have any good ideas.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 1 year old, I wouldn't worry about it too much. She will likely grow out of it. If you really feel it is necessary, there are several no bite nail polishes you can get that make the nails taste horrible. Look in the nail care section of your favorite store. These usually help.
    Moogie1005

Answer by Moogie1005 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yep put something on her fingers; bitter nail polish, tobasco sauce, lemon juice...she'll stop, I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• why would you want her to stop? its comfort for her. She's still little I'd just let her do it. It won't hurt her or her teeth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son is 3 1/2 and still sucks his thumb. The only way we can get him to stop is by putting bandaids on his thumbs. We take them off at night because he will not go to sleep without his thumb. During the day he doesn't care. He doesn't need his thumb during the day, it's just a bad habit.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 11:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• you need to do something about it now!! i sucked my thumb until i was 11 yrs old and now i have a space between my 2 front teeth and no money to get it fixed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2009