Pregnant after just giving birth?

I gave birth to our third daughter on July 31st. We had sex 3 weeks later. The bleeding had stopped. About a week later I bled for 1 1/2 days and then it stopped. Could I be pregnant? I am breastfeeding also.

my2angelz

Asked by my2angelz at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• best go to the dr and find out
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i think it's unlikely but possible! i say wait a week and take a HPT. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i did that after 3 1/2 weeks i was so scared lol thankfully i wasn't pregnant, i was pumping milk at the time..
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• it doesm't matter if your breastfeeding or not you can still get pregnant because you still ovulate, Good Luck!!
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If you are breast feeding its highly unlikely. Your body has a natural sort of BC when you are nursing for the first couple months. If you are really worried about it, the best thing to do is go to your dr and get a test done.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Breastfeeding is not a form of birth control at any time. Many breast feeding moms get pregnant weeks after they deliver. Best call your OB to test and be sure.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

best answer by far!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• BFing doesn't count. I read about it and often times it will say that moms rarely ovulate, etc., but SO many women do (and without realizing it), like me, that I know better, lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Any time you have sex, you can get pregnant. If you're concerned, test.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2009