should i stay or leave him????

i ahve been with him for 8 years we have one kids togther i have 3 other that dont belong to him. he asked me to marry him. well i told him yes. when it comes down to doing it he always finds a reason why we cant. i am sick of just being the girlfriend. i wont to be a family. i wont to show my girls to be married to someone not just live with them. i guess i wont my happy ever after. i am in my 30's and wont more than this out of life. should i just move on? i have told him how i feel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• You only live once.I think you know the answer to your own question.Right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• * want not wont, not trying to be rude just letting you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think that your very valid in wanting your live in boyfriend to commit and be your husband. You want to set a good example for your daughters and teach them to get married and have children and not necessarily in that order but to do things the right way. Sometimes the one we are with is not the one we are meant to be with so...do some soul searching and pray on it and go with what your heart tells you if you need to end the relationship fine....remember the ending is a new beginning. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If you've told him and it's going nowhere, then time for you to go.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• WHY HANG AROUND FOR A GUY THAT WILL NOT COMMIT? WHY WOULD ANY WOMAN STICK TO THE IDEA OF.....ONE DAY WE WILL BE MARRIED.....OR.....IF YOU HAVE TO THREATEN A MAN INTO MARRIAGE BY SAYING YOU WILL LEAVE IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.....WELL THEN WHERE IS THE SELF ESTEEM?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well, only you can answer that. If he is treating your other children good and like his own and is helping to support your family, then I would stay with him. If he needs time, give it to him, especially if he is doing everything else right.
    But once again, only you know the answer
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 1:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i don't see how asking a bunch of strangers is the right way to go here, we have no idea of your life. why in the world would anyone listen to strangers who think they know it all on a matter such as this? only you know this do what you have to do but don't rely on ppl you don't know to make decisions for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If he doesn't want to get married he should just come out and tell you instead of the excuses. But he's probably comfortable right where he is. Whatever you do don't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do because it will turn into a nightmare. I would just move on because as your daughter gets older she will notice more things and if you two are not happy she will see that too. Maybe move into your own apartment and take it from there. I know it may be easier said then done but I've done it and ended up marrying someone that was worthy.
    kawona

Answer by kawona at 6:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009