Any body else depressed because of our economic situation?

ok seriously every where i look i see a post or an ad (on places like craigs list) about people in need of money, food, diapers, clothes, work, ect. its so depressing! i feel so bad for everybody. and i start to think "man this is going to happen to us soon too isnt it?" this is so depressing...am i alone?

rachelmm007

Asked by rachelmm007 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, I agree but more than anything I think it's scary as hell.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You're not alone. We are constantly borrowing from Peter to pay Paul - eventually it's gonna catch up to us - and we're still trying to recoup from last years huge financial woes. Yeah, it worries the crap outta me.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yes I am worried, Things have NEVER been this bad for us before, we have been in tight spots and we fixed it by working more hours moving to another state for a better job and lower cost of living but now there are no extra hours to work especially since i got laid off at the start of all of this and moving is out of the question. my medical bills have never been this high becuase we had double insurance and now we are feeling the full financial burden of having a child with special needs. I see friends losing their homes and cars and i pray that we can keep it all together and not lose ours. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel its a ways off but i see it, both cars are almost paid off and my daycare is starting to look up again (it was the only job i could find after the lay off) I am just keeping happy thoughts and doing what i can to keep us afloat.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• GIVE IT TIME OBAMA HAS ONLY BEEN IN OFFICE FOR 8 MONTHS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• anon I dont see this question as having to do with the president I see it as how people are feeling about their personal situations right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Times are tough right now. I just pray that everything will be okay soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It is profoundly depressing. We can't get back the 100,000s of job that have been outsourced to other countries. When a job is lost, there is a ripple effect through the economy due to decreased spending. It took around 8 years for things to get this bad; don't be surprised if it takes than long to turn around.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• no, it is not profoundly depressing. perception however is much different for me than others. it's a recession and according to experts we crawled out of it Aug 1. recessions happen, prepare yourself alot better for the next one. recessions are times of great opportunity if you've planned well in advance for it.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I try not to think about it. I made up my mind to help others recover from the economic crisis, not dwell on it. I give away free clothing, toys, books, software and list legitimate work at home jobs, on my blog. Real jobs where you actually have to work. I receive emails every day where moms from CM ask me if I have jobs where they don't have to work! They ask for something "easy" they can do from home.

You bring about what you think about. Your focus determines your reality. Seek and you WILL find.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I know just exact how you feel. I could see it coming towards me/my family for quite a while..even though I have taken precautions to adjust to the economic blow, it hit my household about 6 months ago - hard! Everyone says hold on, but there is no holding on any longer. I can see that the President is trying to restimulate the economy but the stimulus packages are not working, as thought. The economy isnt falling any more, as an economy we have leveled out...but bottom still hurts. As far as holding out...Im out of time. My bottom is on the bottom. Theres no paying the bills,& theres no money!
    I have to say hang in there, I have to see that there is an upside to this down...there is nothing left, but up!Right? Thats as close to encouragement as I can get... I know it doesnt help the situation, but I feel you, Im right there with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009