Has anybody here ever gone through a homebuilding company and have had a custom home built?

How did it go? Right now we are in the process of building a home and it seems like everything that can possibly go wrong, goes wrong? If you have built a house, did things go fairly smoothly for you or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is said if you want to truly test a marriage build a house. Custom building a house is a HUGE process, things always go wrong, off schedule and over budget. My Husband and I have talked about building a house, we don't even make it inside to argue about colors, we are at a stand still over the color of the brick! People really have no clue the amount of decisions that go into custom building a home. My Parents custom built a house when I was 17 so I remember a lot from it, my Husbands family builds sub-divisions so he is well aware of the choices. Trust me you are NOT alone, this happens to everybody.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• We have and I also work in the mortgage industry. Hiccups and burps are common place. If you have a reputable builder and do your homework, things should sort themselves out hon. Good luck and congrats
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2009