how would you feel?

I was at my moms tonight and she gave me 50 dollars and I said what did you give me this for and she said cause i feel sorry for you..You are pitaful... WHAT? I dont know why she said that? It really hurt me.. I have money i mean not as much as she does but i do and it really hurt me.. How would you feel? thanks God bless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• How would you feel if you saw your kids struggling and you had the chance to help them out? I would. She could have worded it differently, but she cares. Remember this, there are lots of parents out there who do not give their kids a dime if they are in need. Your mother is doing well financially and she is helping her child. She is doing what a mother is bread to do. If it bothers you that she called you pitiful, then I would talk to her about it, but take it as a gift of love. =)

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:33 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• is she a mom that doesnt word things right normally?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Was she joking?

My mother always means well, but she says things in the most bizarre way. Sometimes, my feelings do get hurt, and we have a battle right then and there.... so if it were my mom, I'd probably just roll my eyes and say "well, gee thanks!"
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd be pissed. I'd give her the 50 bucks back and go home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I would give the money back and tell her she says hurtful things that are inappropriate. What is WRONG with her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd laugh because my mom knows we don't need her help. Never did. But your mom is mean. I don't care what reasons she had. She should have said it differently. Like she is giving you the money because she is worried or something.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd jokingly tell her I'm a lot more pitiful than she is giving me credit for and ask her if she was sure the 50 didn't have a twin sitting in her wallet that wanted to go home with me too.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 12:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would examine what it is you have been saying to make her think that. If you truly don't think it is something you did or said, just ask her. Did she misunderstand you? Have you bitched and moaned so much that she thought cash would make you feel better? (not trying to be a bitchy basher here) Or is she one to think retail therapy cures all ailments and she's only trying to make her baby feel better?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 6:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd thank her for her kind thought but would return the money. By taking the money you are giving her a blessing that she doesn't deserve.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2009