How can i get my strech marks to fade?

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Time. There are many creams out there, but honestly I don't think they do much, if anything. Some women's stretch marks fade quickly, and some take a long time.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The creams are a waste of money, even BEFORE you develop stretchmarks they don't do much. If you're going to get them you're going to get them and then once you have them you just have to let time take it's course.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Cocoa butter is inexpensive and seems to work the best.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Time does it, but you can certainly use some moisturizer, it doesn't matter which one. Then don't worry about them for six months. Then you'll look, and notice, "hey, they're not purple anymore!"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's been 8 months since I gave birth, and I still have my stretch marks. Not to mention, I have been using creams even before I gave birth. Even if I didn't see any much improvement with the products I used, I keep trying new ones, in the hope that I'll erase the marks sooner.
    Kryng

Answer by Kryng at 11:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You're never going to "Erase" the marks... They came from your skin being stretched out they aren't like scratches or scars where you can fade them. They are there for the long haul. As sad as it seems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Best way to get rid of stretch marks, by lots of ab work. The more ab work u do, the more ur muscles will come together. I have had 3 pregnancies and stretch but ever since I started doing lots of abs work...I am seen a huge difference on stomach, thighs and butt. Cocco butter also works as well. So good luck. The sooner u take care of them, the quicker they will disappear, the more they left in the body, the harder and longer it takes to get rid of them. =]
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 12:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I hate to say this but they will never fully go away. Once they are there they are there for good unless you get laser surgery to remove them. I had 3 children with the last one leaving HORRIBLE stretchmarks. I even went as far as purchasing $200.00 creams and nothing worked. The worst area for me is the most noticeable...around the belly botton area. But hey I got 3 healthy children in the end so it was worth it! But I do wish I can get rid of them:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Cocoa butter doesn't do much for you once you already have stretch marks. I tried several creams including Mederma (which worked nice for surgery scar I had but did nothing for my stretch marks) . I sell Avon and often try out their products so I can tell people if they work or not and I was surprised by how much of a difference the Anew Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother made for me. If you use it correctly and give it time (after about three weeks you'll start to see a difference but keep using it!) After about six months they were nearly completely faded and I wasn't embarrased to swear a swim suit this summer! If you'd like to try go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and use coupon code fsany for free shipping :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009