Left over HCG or pregnant again???

My baby is 10 weeks old and I just got a positive pregnancy test.

Could there still be HCG left over in my system from having her or am I probably pregnant?

This might be a stupid question...I'm just not sure how long HCG stays in your system for after having a baby. My DH and I have been careful so I don't know when this would have happen but IDK...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I read it's a few months before it goes away completely. If you are really concerned, I would go to your doctor or the health dept. and ask.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm pretty sure that means your pregnant, 10 weeks is enough time to have the hcg out of your system... but take a blood test if you can!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Grrrr I meant you're, but the first poster could be right! I thought I read the hcg tapers out completely by a month but maybe not!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would assume that it would all be out of your system by 10 weeks so I would guess that you are pregnant. HCG levels drop daily after a miscarriage so they would also drop after a birth so I would either get a blood test to check your level or an u/s to check for a baby
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I just read this online. Not sure how true it is though.

The maximum HCG is reached between 9 and 10 weeks and then falls untill 18 weeks when it remains level until the end of pregnancy. It then starts falling as soon as the placenta is delivered. I am not certain, but I believe it is negligible after 3-7 days

Also here is a website where a lady took hpts everyday after birth. The hpt was neg 10 days after birth. http://www.themomchronicles.com/2008/how-long-does-it-take-hcg-to-dissipate-after-pregnancy/
    fitegirl

Answer by fitegirl at 1:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009