Have you ever had hypnosis therapy done on you? (PIOG)

Please, somebody tell me something about this if you've ever been through it before. I'm going through a divorce right now and I told my stepmom that I wanted to get some counseling just to help me out with my emotions and things right now. Well she suggested (more like insisted really) that I go to this lady that she and her kids went to when she went through her divorce. The lady does hypnosis therapy. My stepmom is taking me to her in the morning. She swears by this lady and she think that she's is AMAZING...really, lol. Anyway, I didn't know she was going to be actually hypnotizing me tomorrow, on my first visit! I thought that it was just going to be like an introductory visit. Until my stepmom just informed me otherwise. Anyway, now I'm a little nervous. Hynotherapy (sp?) has always been a little far-fetched for my personal taste.

UncondtnlLove

Asked by UncondtnlLove at 12:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have never personally been through it but since I loved psychology back in my undergrad days, I studied this form of therapy. I can't say whether it works or it doesn't work. I think all people respond to it differently. One word of caution though, hypnosis might bring back repressed memories that you have stored in your brain some where. It might be good or it might be bad. In my personal opinion, I don't think hypnotherapy would be useful when going through a divorce. Usually hypnotherapy focuses on the past and that's the last thing a person going through a divorce needs. A person going through divorce needs to focus on the present and the new future. Good Luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have been for past lives not emotional issues. Whatever happens, good luck and don't be afraid!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009