Help! Okay ladies, BM is now having her neighbor watch me when I pick up the kids at school.

Ok, I want to start of by saying THANKS to all of you for the past advice you guys have given me. It helps like you have no idea.
Well here is my new problem, BM lost her job back in March and has decided to make my life as difficult as possible. As I stated before, I pick up the kids at school on Tuesdays for my husbands midweek visit. (court mandated). Since the court does not allow her to be present during the exchange, she now has her neighbor watching over me during my pick up at the kids school. It is really pissing me off and I want to tell he something but at the same time, I want to be the lady that I am and not show importance. Then another part of me wants to confront her and say hello, I am aware you are watching me and feel free to do so.
BM just won't leave me alone and I really don't know what to do.
Any suggestions? I am dealing with a real control freak here with a nosy neighbor.
stepmom 2007

mrs.stepmom

Asked by mrs.stepmom at 12:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The best way to get her is to "kill her with kindness" so to speak. If you know the neighbor is watching you - then I'd make dang sure to just waaavvveee at the neighbor every time you pick the child up. Put on your biggest smile, and be so happy that you're just sickening! She's looking for something to hate you for, something to judge you over - and if she's gonna hate you - let her hate you for the one thing that will eat her up - you're just tooooo damn nice. She'll call you fake, stuck up, snob or much worse - but what's she gonna do? Go back to court and tell the judge " she smiles too much".....,. knowing that she thinks you're smiles and roses instead of thistles and thorns over her having you watched will just chap her ass big time. I'd tell everyone how lucky that child is to have such a protective mother - and I'd play it up so big that if she opens her mouth to the school moms - she'll be the one looking bad.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My advice would be to do what I do with my DF's ex/bio mom: IGNORE. Don't give her the satisfaction of attention. It's usually why they do what they do. Just be the adult in the situation and don't let it get to you. You're a big girl, you don't need a babysitter.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have to say I like PaceMyself's answer better than mine. You said it perfectly.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Next time wave with a smile. She'll know you'e there, but still being the bigger person. Do it with a nice smile and friendly wave. Do it everyday. Kind of like a "kill them with kindness" deal.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• PaceMyself hit it RIGHT on the head. I would definitely go on up and say hi.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• As long as you are doing everything right who cares?
    momma_kelsey

Answer by momma_kelsey at 1:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2009