What kind of toothpaste do your kinds use?

I been useing Orajel Training toothpaste on my 20mnth old scince she was 5months. I brush her teeth 2 times a day w/it. I notice 2 stains on her teeth & found out that they are cavitys. she might need to get crowns. So for now im trying to get her a different toothpaste that is ok to swallowed. I dont under stand how she got thouse cavitys if im always brushing her teeth. she doesnt drink a boddle or drink from a sippy. Have any of your kids have or had crowns.? How was it? & what kind of toothpaste do u use on them?
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow thats weird. i use the same toothpaste on my son. and a lot of the time i will only be able to brush his teeth just at night. but i don't see any stains on his teeth. do you give your daughter a lot of sugar??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My 11 and 9 year old never had cavities, my 8 year old has had one that she had to have filled, but no crowns. You may want to ask the dentist you're seeing about the toothpaste, because it's my understanding you aren't supposed to use any toothpaste with fluoride until after the age of 2 but you may have special circumstances.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She doesn't eat alot of sweets, she doest even like ice cream. But If she does she'll eat may be one candy every other day & she has to have water w/it. She drinks lots of water. Her Dentist I didnt like him, He was all about the money he said "Do you have medical because that would cover every thing." I said no i have insurance. He said he doesnt take my insurace. My insurace send me to him. so now i have to look for another Dentist. Sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It can be genetic as well. How are your parents' teeth? Your grandparents? Did they have issues as a young child? Also, your diet, your medications, your health can have a huge impact while you were carrying your child. The teeth develop under the gum before they are born. Have her looked at... some dentists will recommend toothpastes with flouride. Others will recommend flouride water or the likes. My little brother was cursed with bad teeth from day one... and I had no (teeny, tiny) cavities until I was 20. We have different fathers, but my mother took good care of our teeth. We had same diets. But different genes.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2009