What is the longest you have ever gone not seeing your minor children?

Whether due to custody arrangements, vacations, schooling, whatever. My son is 8 and the longest was 4 days when he went to a family reunion with my in laws that my husband and I couldn't attend. My daughter is 19months, and I would have to say 10 hours while working.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DS is almost 4 and last year around this time i went 3 weeks without seeing him! I was in Germany visiting his daddy before deployment, and sadly he couldn't come.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Less than 24 hours while my MIL babysat over night. Although, had my MIL been able to go to my hubbys family's home state, I was thinking of letting her take my daughter to visit the family. Hubby's grandma isn't doing so well. I really want her to meet our daughter, even if I never get to.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My daughter is three and a half, the longest was 3 days, during my honeymoon, she was two at the time.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• MY DAUGHTER IS 8 AND LAST YEAR SHE WENT TO mEXICO FOR 3 WEEKS.
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My son is 13 months old and has never been away from me for more than an hr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• sometime I feel like its not long enough. I think the longest I have been away from my 2 1/2 yo is like 2 days.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• 5 years old and its been 2 years :(
    its a big fight
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Almost 2 weeks. She is was 22 months, reason-being I had my 2nd baby

My mom wanted me to get used to the new baby so she offered to watch her.
    But I don't know if this counts because Mom brought her over frequently ?

Without seeing her at all 2 days.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• 2 weeks, flying home from a funeral a snowstorm hit and my flghts were cancelled when i was halfway home planes were sliding off the runway (dont even get me started on the landings and take offs FREAKING SCARY), once i got home i still couldnt get to my youngest because she was 2 hours away with a friend and all roads were closed with 12 inches of snow and ice on the road. Since then we havent let her or our boys away from us for more than a night and never in the winter ever again it was just too long to be away from her, it hurt ,my husband was actually very emotional without his baby girl.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• About 5 days when he was 3 months old. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder but the surgery went very wrong and I had internal bleeding plus other complications that kept me in the hospital much longer than expected. He stayed at his father's house.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009