When is it too late to send Baby Shower "Thank You" cards?

Okay, so I bought these Thank You cards before the baby was born and planned on writing them out after the baby shower. I had a list of what everyone had gotten the baby. The baby came 3 1/2 weeks early and since then I never got around to writing them. When I wanted to start, I printed multiple photos to send out with the cards, but with the new house, me going back to work (I don't work the normal 9-5, otherwise I would of had time.) and the baby... I just couldn't. But now that summer is over an work is slower I can. So my question is, he's almost 6 months old, is it too late to send them? I mean, I just feel like they'll be thinking "6 months in, really? might as well of not sent them." What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, I'd say better late than never. Make sure to mention in the card how much he uses each item. I know the etiquette for thank you cards for weddings is a year, so I can't imagine this is too late for baby shower Thank You's. Not to mention...people know how busy you can be with a brand new baby!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• SEND them! It is much better to send them late then not send them at all. You have a baby, people understand that comes first.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would go ahead and send them. People understand how hectic life is with a new baby and then working too. Another suggestion is to send everyone Christmas cards instead since that's coming soon and you can add a little note thanking them for their gift. They'll just appreciate the fact that you remembered them.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm sending mine 6-7 months late. I had pre-eclampsia which took a while to recover from, a newborn a month early, I'd missed my last semesters midterms because I was in the hospital so I had to make up a lot of work. So then I had to graduate college then summer got busy. Who really cares, they get thrown away after a week or so anyway.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Send them! People should appreciate it. I am tempted to post anon here, My daughter is 11 months old and I still have some to send out. :-(
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd say if your baby was already in college it would be too late, but only 6 months! Go for it, people will still appreciate the thought and you can start each note by saying, "Wow, life has been so crazy with the new baby, but we sure do use the ------ that you gave us. Thank you so much for your generosity!"
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 6:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009