2 years old and still waking up

My son will be two in October. WHY IS HE STILL WAKING UP?! Tonight he woke up at 11 after going to bed at 9:00ish. He woke up SCREAMING his head off. Nothing anyone did made him any better. He had to be given gas meds, ibuprofen, and benedryl before he even calem down. What is this I'm so tired of it. He also doesn't have solid poop. I almost feel like this is hoof beats, of a Zebra. We've had all these tests done. Fecal, Blood. I dont know what else to do! I'm going crazy! My neurotic m0ther thinks it neurological.

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 1:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the only thing i can think of is that he is having nightmares. you just have to make sure you tell him that dreams are only pictures in his head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• how often does this uncalmable situation happen? Everynight?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• your question is confusing me. is he always screaming when he wakes up or just last night? i especially didn't get the part about zebra hooves??? lol

if he's just waking up at night, that's completely normal. but if he's always waking up screaming at night, i don't know.

good luck! my son is 2 and he wakes up once every other night but he woke up a couple times per night until about 3 months ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• pp here, i meant is he always screaming and won't calm down. my son wakes up crying but calms down pretty fast. he has done the thing where he won't calm down a few times in his life though
    Anonymous

• Sorry to confuse... the zebra hooves = when you think illness you think its something common compared to horse hoof beats. But you never know when its one of those exotic diseases = zebra hooves. But well my mother is a neurotic, she thinks the WORST automatically when it come to my son.
    To answer your questions, He has done this on and off for a year. Never seems to be a rhyme or reason to it. But he's been having these screaming fits a lot more lately. IE last night. I think he's been doing it about once a week or so?
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 9:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009