Im sorry this is a vent and a question so if you are offened easily dont read.

Is it just me or is it rude to sit there and point at someones baby and then talk about the baby in spanish??

I dont speak spanish and I just find that flat out rude .
I dont like it when someone puts and keeps point at my children while speaking in a language I dont speak.
With all the nuts and perves out there only GOD knows what they are saying.
Does this get to anyone else? Does anyone else find it rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LMFAO omg!

Yeah. Yeah Yeah !! LMAO.

Gah I'm laughing so hard :-P

Yeah I've been told I look Chinese, but mostly Asian or Vietnamese.!

Hahahaha no comparisons either! :)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't blame you but chances are, they are saying the baby is cute.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yes, you never know what the hell someone is saying.

In my case I know spanish, but, lol I see your point. :)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think it would be extremely rude to do that in any language that the person you're speaking about couldn't understand. When I was younger I would get my nails done and wouldn't go to the Asian nail salons because I swear they talk crap about the clients, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I live in South Florida, Ive gotten quite used to it. What I find rude is if I speak to them (I usually say hi or how are you when people stop to ohh and ahhh at my baby) in English and they only respond in Spanish even though they can speak English. But like I said, Ive gotten use to it. I just smile and wave. \
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• : kerri- LOL

StefanieN84 - I agree but there are mainly hispanics here lol
    If I see a cute baby I dont point and stuff Ill just lean over to my husband and say oh how cute is that baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• AdensMommy1107-- idk about getting use to it . I have a horrid temper
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Hey OP, One time when I was in the supermarket these people came up and were talking about how ugly my baby girl was. I guess they thought I didn't speak spanish! :-P I let them know though, haha. I won't go on to say what I said though! lmao Err some people!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• They could also have been saying that the baby looks so much like their own relative or neighbor's baby, or that the little outfit was cute and maybe they would try to get one, or... who knows. Maybe they didn't speak English. The pointing was rude, but maybe they didn't realize it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• : kerri- LOL Ive done the same to people who didnt know I spoke german . They were talking crap about me so I let them have it right back they turned red and walked off.
    BUt no offense top any hispanics I find they are the rudest people here. one time I was working at the dollar store a few years back adn I was ringing a family up and the woman starts talking in spanish I tried to explain to her I dont speak it and she started yelling and screaming . It got so bad I had to have yolanda come and clam her down . It was crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2009