I'm so mad,I tired Risperdal consta shot and it stopped working after a couple hours..

My nurse told me it would gently go into my blood stream and I wouldn't feel anything or see an improvement of my illness until 2 weeks.The first 5 minutes after the shot,I had shortness of breath ,my eyes dried out and I did have some positive effects on it,it made me feel good and happy and I was thinking better but that only lasted for a couple of hours.Google says I'm supposed to take Risperdol pills 3 weeks before the shot, I don't tollerate pills very well,so it has to be a low dose but but what happens if that doesn't make a difference?I was very pleased with the shot and it made me feel like being on Seroquel on a 300 mg dose 3 x a day,the Risperdol is only 37 mg. it can go up to 50.The problem with me trying a 50 mg. dose,I could have severre breathing problems but the next time I'm going to take the shot with a full meal,see if that makes a difference.Risperdol consta doesn't cause as much weight gain as older meds

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• How do I get my doctor= nurse to give me Risperdol pills first or take them with the shot?I feel weird telling her what to do,even if it's for the better of me,it's kinda embarassing, because she's the one who should know what to do.I have a blood sugar illness, that's why I have to eat alot before I take the medication so it doesn't pour into my blood stream.I tried Geodon and I could eat a craccker and water and I didn't feel any strange side effects.I like Geodon for that reason and it made me feel sorda good but it had some weird side effects like headaches and heaviness in my legs which I thought was odd.Seroquel was the best med I ever tried,but I don't tollerate it now, unless maybe I bite off a small small piece of a 25 mg..It really calms me down but for it to work for my illness I need to be taking 100 mg of it and that'll never happen.I tried Zyprexa and never take it in the day,because it gave me awful carb craving
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• So, I asked my doctor if I could try a 25 mg. of Seroquel with the shot and she said no,she wants me to try one medication at a time.I have a bottle of 15mg. of Zyprexa, I'm thinking tonight to take a small piece,only when I'm ready for bed and going to sleep fast,so I don't have terrible carb cravings.I was stupid,the directions say take at bedtime but I was so excited to try it because at the time they were having a contest, I could win 3-500$ or more I don't know ask your doctor about it,if I tried the medication for a month.I use my medication for social anxiety and skitzophrenia but I don't hear voices or see things,mine is more like negative thought problems towards people.This post is for anyone who's tried these pills please, I need some mental health support please thankyou.What has your experiences been like on the above medications?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I should note that google said I could take any drug above it didn't have to be only Risperdol but I'm sure taking that would be more effective than something else but they all have pretty much the same thing in them.I'm kinda affraid to experiment with the Zyprexa because my doctor said she only wanted one drug in me and maybe the Zyprexa could make my shot worst or better,I'll never know if I don't try.I was on Geodon and it stopped working after 3 months, so I took another drug like it and it did activate it,so I know this theory works.Anyone like a nurse,need some help fast.I could call my office tomorrow but she will probably say give it more time..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• So when I wrote the above comments, it felt like it stopped working.I stopped having shortness of breath and that was because of another drug interaction, so good news for the rest of you.I stoped the shortness of breath after a half hour taking the shot then I never felt that way again.I stoped feeling my eyes dry out too and the heaviness in my calves.When I was sleeping I was full of happiness like a total serotonin rush.I had many pleasant dreams and when I woke up I was refreshed and I still feel happy like I've been on a vacation or went shopping and bought a whole bunch of my favorite clothes.So it is working I feel so good,it's scarey.Like this is what it feels like to not have depression and I've lived with it for so long.I feel like I'm traveling and going fun places even though I'm at home bored to death.It's causing me to want to go out, I don't want to stay home and clean house,which I normally do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I really struggle the most with anxiety and depression.Before the shot I was very stressed out and anxious and it has stopped that and I feel much better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009