Nipples leaking?

So...I'm 36 weeks pregnant and for the last week my nipples have been leaking what I am assuming is colostrum. It's slightly sticky, clear, and minimal...but definitely there, lol. Is this typical...and is it a sign that I should be able to breastfeed?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like colostrum! :-)
    You should be able to breastfeed. Like with any of us, you might need some help at first. It is very natural, but not always totally obvious.
    With my first, we figured out breastfeeding immediately and it went very well!
    With my second baby, I had several issues, a hard time really, that totally through me off since I was already an expert! ;-)

You can prepare to BF now, in pregnancy. It is a wonderful gift for your baby~ good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Even if you DIDN'T leak you'll be able to. Many moms NEVER leak.

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. It will be VERY helpful

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I leaked with both of my pregnancies. If it gets annoying, just pop a couple of breastpads in your bra. I like the Lansinoh ones the best.
    :o)
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 1:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009