Can I get help from others to change how the Elderly are treated

My mother recently passed away at the hands of a neglient driver and we need help passing a law for the elderly. Please take a few minutes and read this and sign.

Thank You

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/our-mothers-voice

teri_ray66

Asked by teri_ray66 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and from a careless caregiver.I sum up,the life of a elderly person like this the Bible says;when you were young ,you could go and do whatever you wanted but when you are old you are like a baby in diapers..that's not what it says but sorda.Children and the elderly get abused,it's wrong but that's the way it is and It has been a problem for the elderly there has been alot of cases of this abuse and I think they will make a law of it and alot of people know about it.Recently I went into a rehabilitation center and I was there for 2 weeks.They abused me there.They didn't want me to gain weight there,so they'd push the table up against my stomach or make coughing noises to signal to me to stop eating.I thought that was abusive,it wasn't like I was pigging out there,though some rehab centers do give you good and rich foods and you can gain alot of weight there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The caregivers, stole my clothes and lost them and they yelled at me and got mad at me for no real reason.I forgive them though,because their jobs are hard and they probably think we got it made being able to afford rehab,not a choice for me and alot of them are bitter and jealous of the old people because they have alot of money and they steal from them.All the clients in my rehab complained about their clothes getting stolen and the social workers seems stressed out and frustrated too but the caregiver who was driving your mom around,maybe didn't have that hard of a job, I mean what was her chores?It's possible she was getting bored with her job or she was lazy,just sitting there all day and occasionally driving her around.The problem really has to do with the company who hired the woman.If she was a homemaker she doesn't really need a education and that can indicate how responsible someone is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009