Tmi- maybe a little gross for some but a serious question

Do you ever get bad belly cramps when you have to poop? Im not sure if I should be worried but Im 19 weeks and every time I have to use the bathroom it hurts like hell until I go. Sometimes though, I cant go immediately, so the pain goes on and on.

Is this normal?

I see my doc in three weeks :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not pregnant and I get that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yeah that is normal. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I got that before pregnancy, too. It got really bad between 16 & 22 weeks though, then it started to ease up a little. Good luck though! Remember to write it down & ask your OB just in case =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• More than likely, The baby is in the anterior (rear) portion of your uterus and is putting extra pressure on large intestine. A mild stool softener like docalax can be used. Don't worry this is very normal. everything gets displaced to make room for baby. Just wait till you pee whenever you sneeze! LOL
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 2:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• if you are goin gto use medication for this plz seek med advice first with you being pregnant as things arnt for every1, it is normal in pregnancy , but see yr midwife of doc if your concernd
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 4:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Are you taking prenatal vitamins? They have a lot of iron in them which can constipate you and make it very difficult/painful to go. Drink extra fluids and talk to your doctor about it when you see him again.
    TeigansMom0505

Answer by TeigansMom0505 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Sounds like IBS to me... yes, I have it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm 17 weeks and experience the same exact thing. It sucks! Colace helps some and it's totally fine (even recommened) during pregnancy
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 12:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009