My poor friend. What can I do to help her feel better?

My friend was due on the 23rd. She's having her first little one (a girl) and this baby just doesn't want to be born yet. Her doctor will induce her on Mon at 5pm. She's so over being pregnant. I am shocked her doctor is allowing her to continue. She has been bleeding for 2 days, cramping, contractions. She went to the doc today thinking maybe she made some progress, none. He said she has a 50% chance of a c-section since she doesn't seem to want to go into labor. Does that seem odd to anyone else? What can I do to make her feel better? I want to do something nice since she was a huge support w/my last pregnancy

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 2:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OOH! A and J aren't there some secret foods that induce labor? I know there are! Ladies step up. I had to be induced with my son. He was due on Sept. 22 and by Oct. 5th I was over it. I had him on Oct. 7th,98. Gosh I am having a brain fart about the foods you can eat or somethng she can do to make the baby come. Some moms told me that it is a sign they will be close because baby didn't want to leave amam's womb. I was breached and that meant I was going to be stubborn.lol
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Im so sorry for herr complications
    See about a ladies night in like some movies and junk food LOL
    just try to help keeep her mind off it for at least a couple hours.
    I wish her luck and Ill pray things go well and there will be no csection
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• supposivly if you eat freash pinnapple not canned it induces
    but all the old wives tales wont work if her bdoy isnt ready
    but heck go for it wouldnt hurt to try
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Gigi I think spicy foods. I'm trying to think of what else. Prunes maybe lol

MsOwen I heard that too but she's allergic. She sucks lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She needs a new doctor bleeding isn't good and the baby needs to come out here. Bring her to the spa or go get your nails done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• WAIT, she was due on the 23rd, she's bleeding & cramping??!! and he hasn't induced yet why? if she has bloody show that's ok but "bleeding" NO!!! She could have placenta previa, placents abrutio(sp)...that baby needs to come out NOW
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• WAganma-je thinks it is her bloody show but for 2 days? We thought for sure she was in labor yesterday bc she was cramping and bleeding but nope. He won't even strip her membranes. They did do an ultrasound yesterday and the blood flow from the placenta looked good and the baby's heart rate. I feel so bad for her
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Caster oil worked for me. 12 hours later they (twins) were out. Its a laxative.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 3:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had that problem with my first but I never had the bloody show or cramps heck I didnt even have braxton hicks and I had to be induced. With my second I had it all braxton hicks cramps bloody shows the works but he was late by two days. And when I bleed I started freaking out cause I thought I was going to have him and my husband was leaving for deployment so I called him and he got to stay but any I started walking a lot back and foruth down the street and had bad contraction two days later and my baby was born .
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 6:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Bleeding may just be her bloody show, that can come over a period of time or all at once. I am sure if she has been checked by the doc, she will be ok. Just be there for her. Support her, pamper her a bit. I was 4 days over due with my 3rd baby...only 4 days but it felt like 4 yrs. Mother Nature knows what she is doing for the most part. Your due date is just a guess, granted a close guess but a guess just the same. I think as long as the doc is ok with waiting...then she should wait. IMO doctors and women are too impatient, and I don't think inductions should be done unless absolutely medically necessary...just sayin. So be there for her, time will take care of the rest, I wish her luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2009